Sunday 22 June 2014

Reflective Sunday


For the past few weeks I have been really reflecting on how much my life has changed and how I have changed within the past year. A situation recently came up and it made me realize that a person should never have to feel the need to compromise their happiness. A lot of you guys now know that I suffer from anxiety and have been working hard to try to manage it. Even though it has gotten more manageable, there are still times where I tend to over think every little detail in certain situations, and then find myself compromising what I'd want to accommodate what others would like. The stress from trying to please others would have been extremely overwhelming for the person I was a year ago. I now realize that it is okay to say "no" if I am feeling terribly uncomfortable in any situation .

Sometimes certain people and situations will make me super anxious, and in those moments I think it's really important to cater to my own needs. Everybody has their own personal bubble or boundaries that are not meant to be crossed. When a boundary is crossed, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and get yourself out of the situation. I know that sometimes when I find myself in a situation where a boundary of mine has been crossed, I can personally come across as a bit snappy whilst trying to get out. I like to think however, that that is better than being quiet and scared of what people will think, because in the long run I'd just give in to what others wanted and ultimately be unhappy. Plus, everyone deserves a life full of happiness since we only get one life to live..(Haha YOLO). So we might as well make it a good one right?

I have been trying hard to become a more independent person and I think that standing up for myself is a good place to start. In life, there are going to be a lot of people who are going to want you to be a certain way and want you to bend over backwards for them. In those situations, you're going to have to choose who or what you're willing to bend over backwards for, or change for without ultimately violating your morals, values and happiness. It's easy and completely natural to feel guilty or bad for not always accommodating other people's wants and needs. But I guess my point is that it's okay not to accommodate to what they want if it's going to make you uncomfortable and unhappy.

Just some food for thought. I promise my next post will be fashion or beauty related! I know these past two posts have not been relevant to that. Hopefully you guys are enjoying the little "life" posts haha. I guess let me know in the comments below?

À bientôt mes amis.

Love,
Kristie




4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this so much, I totally understand how you feel. It's good to hear you've come a long way in the past year! :) great post x

    http://fe-rnweh.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise :) I know a lot of people can feel this way so I think it's important to just say they're not alone!

      Delete
  2. Everything you have said in this post is 100% me at the moment. I'm so proud of you for becoming a more confident person this past year, I've been following you since you've started your blog :)

    Sorry I don't have Google plus -.-

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete